We ask that parents be vigilant of their family’s health and not send students to BDTS if they or someone in their home has:
- or have had a fever within the past 5 days
- a cough
- been in contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- traveled by airplane in the last 14 days
- traveled to any hot spot regions, such as Myrtle Beach, in the last 14 days
1. Only students are permitted in the building.
2. Students are not to be dropped off at the door. Please wait in your car until a BDTS employee opens the door for admittance.
3. Temperatures will be taken at the door. Students registering over 100° will not be permitted to enter.
4. Hands must be sanitized upon arrival and before departure.
5. Please dress before coming to class and use the bathroom at home. Restrooms are for emergency use only.
6. The waiting/dressing room will be closed. Dancers are not to congregate. Arrive and depart in a timely manner.
7. Dancers are not to wear street shoes on the dance floor. (Hip-hop students please bring a clean pair of sneakers to change in to or jazz shoes)
8. No large bags. A very small bag with dance shoes may be brought in and kept with you at all times.
9. As to keep with social distancing protocol, younger students who need help changing shoes, should wear ballet shoes only and leave their bag at home.
10. The water fountain will be closed. You may bring your own water. Containers must have a closable lid.
11. In order to facilitate sanitizing between classes and safe exit of students, classes will dismiss 15 minutes early.
12. Designated space is marked in the classrooms to maintain social distance requirements.
13. Masks are to be worn by all students 9 years old and older. Masks are optional for younger students.
14. Payments are to be mailed or dropped in the gold mailbox in the hallway by the student upon entering.